"Many are desperate to preserve their marriages — to continue reaping the emotional and financial support of wives, and domestic pleasures like tucking children in at night ..."
I mean, what does a man do who "enjoys the social life of a popular suburban couple, adores his in-laws and wants to live in the same home as his children?" Who really wants to be in their late 40s, or 50s, and need "to find the substitute for the love and companionship of a longtime spouse?"
I also loved the article about Spike Lee's upcoming documentary about the destruction of New Orleans ("When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts"). I don't have HBO but I'd really like to see it when it comes on. Let me know if you do and if you'd mind a guest or two.
Also, from yesterday's food section
* 1 cup savoy cabbage, finely shredded
* 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
* 1 cup blueberries
* 1/4 cup sweet onion, chopped
* 1 pound cooked, cleaned shrimp (optional)
* 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
* 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 jalapeño chile, seeded and finely chopped
* 1/2 cup cilantro, stemmed
Soak cabbage in ice water for 10 minutes, drain well. Combine in a serving bowl with cucumber, blueberries, onions and shrimp (if using).
In a jar, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and shake well. Add chile to taste, starting with 1/2 teaspoon. Drizzle over salad and serve, garnished with cilantro.