1. I thought I saw Lyle Lovett in the bar.
2. I thought I saw the guy who was in The Big Chill on the stage, and apparently I was right. He is much sexier as a grownup than he was when he was young. It seems like he was in some other movies, too, but I liked him better on stage than in any of them.
3. Mamet can't write female characters.
4. There was no plow.
5. I got dizzy sitting so close to the stage and having a giant head blocking my view of the middle of it for most of the act - somehow combined with the unrelenting, rapid-fire dialogue I felt like I was getting motion sickness. The wine might have played a part in it.
6. I know Laura Michelle Kelly was supposed to be reading out of a really crappy book, but instead it seemed like she was reading a script with some really crappy extened monologue and just not getting how to say it.
7. There was some really funny one-liners in there, but I can't remember any of them now.
8. I really want to see Dirty Little Showtunes and Nick Garrison, apropos of nothing.
9. On the way back, we met some people who said of the show, "Outstanding acting! Great writing! A total standing ovation!" J thought they must not get out much, and I thought they must have been either Kevin Spacey or Jeff Goldblum fans, or both. At any rate, NOT a total standing O at all, but it may improve over time.
10. It's sad to be as excited as I was that there was no intermission and the whole thing was going to be over at 9 PM, but that's the joy of the unshakeable cold (and the husband with a broken foot) for you.